Thought i might aswell share the Motors.co.uk Quiz questions as i was the 2012 host. Google helped me out with most of these so feel free to nick any of them.
1. How many Gold’s did Team GB win during the Summers Olympic & Paralympics Games
a. 29 + 34 = 63
2. Who won TeamGB’s first medal, what medal was it and in which event?
a. Lizzie Armitstead
c. Women’s Road Race
3. Which event did Team GB win our first gold medal?
a. Helen Glover and Heather Stanning – Rowing Women’s Pair
4. On what day did Team GB win their first Gold Medal
a. Day 5
5. The phrase, he’s beautiful boy, from Bert le Clos was the highlight of the games for me. What was the name of his son who beat Michael Phelps for 200m butterfly gold medal.
a. Chad le Clos
6. Sarah Attar was a first for her country but last in her race? Where is she from?
a. Saudi Arabia
7. How many Olympic medals has Michael Phelps won?
a. 22 medals (including 18 golds)
8. Who invented Mo Farah’s signature Mo-bot?
a. Clare Balding
9. If you added up Usain Bolts 100m and 200m gold medal times, what would the total time be? 28.85, 28.90, 28.95, 29.00
a. 100m 9.63 and 200m in 19.32 = 28.95
10. Across all BBC channels, order these moments from the highest live viewing figures to the lowest?
a. Opening Ceremony (27.3m)
b. Closing Ceremony (26.3m)
c. Bolt (20.1m)
d. Mo 10000m (17.1m)
e. Ennis (16.3m)
f. Tom Daley (15.9m)
11. People on stage: Olympic Music
Give me the name of any group or artists music that was used during the opening or closing ceremonies at the Olympic games.
Amy Winehouse, ‘Valerie’
Arctic Monkeys, ‘I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor’
Blur, ‘Song 2’
David Bowie, ‘Starman’
David Holmes, ‘I Heard Wonders’
Dizzee Rascal, ‘Bonkers’
Eric Clapton, ‘Wonderful Tonight’
Eurythmics, Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This’
Frankie Goes To Hollywood, ‘Relax’
Fuck Buttons, ‘Surf Solar’
Happy Mondays, Step On’
Led Zeppelin, ‘Trampled Under Foot’
Mike Oldfield, ‘Tubular Bells’
Millie Small, ‘My Boy Lollipop’
Muse, ‘Map Of The Problematique’
New Order, ‘Blue Monday’
OMD, ‘Enola Gay’
Pink Floyd, ‘Eclipse’
Queen, ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’
Sex Pistols, ‘God Save The Queen’
Sex Pistols, ‘Pretty Vacant’
Soul II Soul, ‘Back To Life’
The Beatles, ‘Come Together’ (covered by Arctic Monkeys)
The Beatles, ‘Hey Jude’
The Beatles, ‘She Loves You’
The Beatles, ‘The End’
The Clash, ‘London Calling’
The Jam, ‘Going Underground’
The Prodigy, ‘Firestarter’
The Rolling Stones, ‘(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction’
The Specials, ‘A Message To You Rudy’
The Who, ‘Baba O’Riley’
Tinie Tempah, ‘Pass Out’
Underworld, ‘Born Slippy’
Underworld/Alex Trimble, ‘Caliban’s Dream’
Annie Lennox Little Bird
Ed Sheeran Wish You Were Here
Elbow One Day Like This/Open Arms
Emeli Sande Read All About It
Eric Idle Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life
Fatboy Slim Right Here, Right Now
George Michael Freedom/White Light
Jessie J Price Tag
John Lennon’s Imagine/Give Peace A Chance
Julian Lloyd Webber to perform Elgar (played on the cello)
Kaiser Chiefs Pinball Wizard
Madness Our House/Baggy Trousers
One Direction What Makes You Beautiful
Pet Shop Boys West End Girls
Queen and Jessie J We Will Rock You
Ray Davies Waterloo Sunset
Russell Brand I Am The Walrus
Russell Brand Sex Pistols’ Pretty Vacant
Spice Girls Spice Up Your Life/Wannabe
Taio Cruz Dynamite
Take That Rule The World
The Clash’s Should I Stay Or Should I Go
The Who My Generation.
Tinie Tempah and Jessie J You Should Be Dancing
Tinie Tempah Written In The Stars
Movie Quiz Round
1. Titanic, how many Oscars did it win?
2. In the second Sex in the City movie, which city do the girls visit?
a. Abu Dhabi
3. Tell me the names of the three members of the Wolf Pack, from the movie Hangover!
a. Phil, Stu, Alan
4. To which year did Marty McFly travel to, in the original back to the future movie?
5. In Saving Private Ryan, how many of James Francis Ryan’s brothers have been killed in combat?
6. How many years after Terminator was Terminator 2 released?
7. What is the link between: Neo, Officer Jack Traven & Ted Theodore Logan
a. Keanu Reeves
8. What is the link between: Lion King, Star Wars & Field of Dreams
a. James Earl Jones
9. What is the link between:: The Princess of Genovia, Gothan City, Miranda Priestly
a. Anne Hathaway
10. What is the link between:: Ethan Hunt, Cole Trickle, Brian Flanagan
a. Tom Cruise
11. What is the link between: The Matrix, Finding Nemo and Mission: Impossible II
12. According to macworld.co.uk, how much would Forrest Gump stake be worth in Apple in 2012 if he invested $100,000 at the time the movie is set (1970s)?
a. $7 billion
1. How many miles is the M25? Under 100, 100-150, 150-200 or 200+
2. What was the first service station to open in the UK
a. Watford Gap on the M1
3. Who is the fastest celebrity ever round the top gear track? The top three are (current) Matt LeBlanc, (1-7) Ellen MacArthur & Jay Kay (series 8-14)
a. Current series Matt LeBlanc 1.42.1, (series 1-7) Ellen MacArthur 1.46 & (series 8-14) Jay Kay 145.8.
4. Top Gear will be entering its _______ series in February?
5. Which is the longest road in the UK
a. A1 at 410 miles which connects London to Edinburgh
6. I’m going to give you the keys to a Bugatti Veyron…. top speed of 260mph with no traffic no cops. How many minutes, to the nearest minute, would it take you to go 60 miles? (ROUNDING UP)
a. 14 minutes
7. People on stage: The Journey
i. Today I start my Journey in Bristol very early in the morning and drive over the Seven Bridge to Newport to pick up the CAS lads.
ii. We then head over to Coventry via the M4, 5 and 42. Making our meeting for 9am.
iii. We then drive up to Leeds via Manchester and the M6 Toll …. The time is 9.30am when on the M6 toll.
iv. We then head south down the m1, finally finishing in Oxford Street London at 5pm. I pay for my days congestion charge via a ticket shop.
v. My drive isn’t over do I head east on the A13 and head clockwise round the M25 going over the Dartford crossing, the time is now 8pm.
vi. I finish my journey at Gatwick Airport. I drive an Audi A3.
b. How much have I paid in road tolls today?
i. Severn Bridge £6
ii. M6 Toll £5.50
iii. Congestion Charge £10
iv. Dartford Crossing £2
1. Who won the mercury music prize this year?
2. How many of the songs on Ed Sheeran debut album plus have been released as singles?
3. What’s the biggest selling single of 2012?
4. Who is Stephen Paul Manderson better known
a. Professor Green
5. Which former boyband and solo artist can be linked to Facebook, Napster, Spotify & Myspace
a. Justin Timberlake
6. Who hosted the last Brit Awards.
a. James Corden
7. What was the name of the artist who’s song was used for this years Auto Trader advert
a. Natalie Duncan’s version of At Last, by Etta James.
8. “And don’t try to change her, just leave it, leave it. You’re not the only one……”
a. Phil Collins and Philip bailey, Easy Lover
9. “What made me behave that way? Using words I never say …..”
a. Elbow – One Day Like
10. “The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed…..”
a. One Direction – What Makes You Beautiful
11. “These streets will make you feel brand new, big lights will inspire you …. “
a. JAY-Z – EMPIRE STATE OF MIND LYRICS
1. Who is the only tennis player to have won each of the four grand slam events at least four times?
a. Steffi Graf. She won the French Open 6 times, Wimbledon 7 times, the U.S Open 5 times and the Australian Open 4 times
2. Staying on the Tennis theme, how many Grand Slams has Roger Federer won? MULTI
3. Some say, he was the best cricketer ever, but was Brian Lara left or right handed when batting?
4. How many players are there in a netball team?
5. How many balls on a snooker table?
a. Total 22. 15 red,1 yellow, 1 green, 1 brown, 1 blue, 1 pin,k 1 black, 1 white
6. According to Wikipedia, how tall is Peter Crouch?
a. Height, 6ft 7 in
7. Premier League history, in the 07-08 season, a team scored just 11 points whic is the lowest every points tally, but which team was it?
a. Derby County
8. Who won the 2012 Grand National? Neptune Collonges, Sunnyhillboy, Cappa Bleu or Seabass?
a. Neptune Collonges
9. In 1989, Frank Bruno took on Mike Tyson (a well-known actor in the Hangover). Big Frank didn’t win the fight, however, which round did Mike Knock out Frank?
10. Rank these sport stadiums by their seating capacities: Wembley, Old Trafford, Nou Camp, Twickenham
a. Nou Camp 98,000
b. Twickenham 82,000
c. Wembley 80,000
d. Old Trafford 72,000
11. In which order are the strokes in a swimming medley relay race?
a. The first swims a back stroke
b. the second swims a breast stroke
c. the third swims a butterfly
d. final swimmer swims a freestyle
1. Who did Justin Timberlake marry third year?
a. Jessica Biel (beal)
2. James Corden has hit the headlines all year with his sold out show. What is it called?
a. One Man, Two Guvnors
3. Name each of the 3 Kardashians sisters
4. Who has the twitter handle @wossy
a. Jonathan Ross
5. What is the well know TOWIE diet tip?
a. No Carbs before Marbs
6. Who is the current Foxy Bingo, Celeb mum of the year
a. Stacey Solomon
7. Who’s autobiography is titled Losing My Virginity
a. Sir Richard Branson
8. What was the name dog which won Britain’s got Talent 2012
9. Which boyband have their very own perfume named Kiss?